Carrot Ginger Soup
This soup is a favorite at my house. As the warm weather has come to an end and our vegetable garden has turned cold, this is both a callback celebration to the end of summer as well as the start of fall, my favorite season. Adding the turmeric brings a nice boost of flavor to this super-simple, scrumptious vegetarian soup that's not too thick. Add the water you boil the carrots in slowly as you blend the soup for some added flavor!
There are versions of the soup with coconut cream and cashew cream but I really like this super simple version . The thickness of the soup can be adjusted with the amount of water you add to the blending process. You can
also serve this soup with a salad for a quick and easy lunch.
6 cups water
2 pounds carrots, peeled and sliced
2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
Pink Salt to taste
1/4 tea spoon black pepper
1/4 tea spoon turmeric
1/4 tea spoon red chili powder
Parsley sprigs, for garnish
1. In a 6-quart pan over medium high heat, add water carrots, ginger and salt.
2. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until carrots are tender when pierced.
3. Remove from heat and transfer to a blender.
4. Fill the blender half way and blend in batches.
5. Be careful of the hot liquid, puree until smooth.
6. Put your choice of vegan butter, I really like earth balance (soy free) in a pan.
7. When the oil is hot add turmeric and red chilly powder and the smooth soup from the blender.
8. Bring the soup to a boil, add salt and pepper, to taste
9. Ladle into bowls and garnish with olive oil and parsley sprigs.
February 12, 2021
November 16, 2020
October 22, 2020
October 14, 2020
You May Also Like
- Slow Cooker Quinoa Vegetable Soup January 8, 2018 I love making this soup because I can put everything in the slow cooker and walk away to run some errands and come back home to a warm delicious smell…
- Vegan Coconut soup - Tom Kha Gai January 26, 2018 Tom Kha gai or coconut soup is a spicy and sour coconut soup.The hardest part of making this soup is finding the ingredients.You can almost make a meal out of…
- Black Bean Soup March 20, 2018 Simple and satisfying , and this black bean soup is super easy to put together . Black beans are full of protein, fiber and folate making them an excellent choice…