Slow Cooker Quinoa Vegetable Soup
I love making this soup because I can put everything in the slow cooker and walk away to run some errands and come back home to a warm delicious smell of soup!! This recipe tastes good all year round but I especially like making it in the fall and winter.
1 cup quinoa
5 cups vegetable broth
5 cups of water
1 cup onion chopped
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup chopped tomato chopped
1 medium zucchini chopped
1 cup celery chopped
1 cup of frozen spinach
2 tea spoon curry powder
2 medium garlic chopped finely
2 tea spoon salt (may be more or less depending on the broth you use)
2 table spoons extra virgin olive oil
This truly is the simplest soup once you have the ingredients ready. If the vegetables seem like too many you can take one or two out but I really like it like as a stew. This recipe is very satisfying as you get all vegetables in one meal.
1. Put all the ingredients in the crock pit.
2. Set it on high and leave in for up to for 4 hours.
3. Garnish with fresh cilantro and your choice of hot sauce and enjoy!
April 15, 2021
February 12, 2021
November 16, 2020
October 22, 2020
You May Also Like
- Lentil Vegetable Pie January 18, 2018 Lentils provide the body with complete vegetable protein. I love this dish because it is nutritious as well as satisfying. I like to serve it with cilantro chutney and little…
- Mung Dal and Pea Protein Vegetable Burger August 11, 2020 Protein burger
- Carrot Ginger Soup January 5, 2018 This soup is a favorite at my house. As the warm weather has come to an end and our vegetable garden has turned cold, this is both a callback celebration…