Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Everyone has a favorite chocolate chip cookie. My kids really like the one I pick up from a local vegan bakery so I really didn’t want to experiment with it but then the bakery closed and the kids love for those cookies inspired me to come up with my own version. So here it is and if I may say so myself they are so YUM!! and actually quite simple .
But the real judges were the kids and the verdict was “ These are so good, really so so so good!" We like to pair them with a cup of coocnut/ oat milk.
Gluten free cookies tend to have a cracky surface dont worry about it they taste amazing . You can add 1/4 cup olive oil for a smother look but then the calorie content does go up so we normally do without it . I do freeze halfthe dough only becaise the kids would eat all of them if i bake then and also to have a quick dessert handy in the freezer .
Do try these uber simple chocolate chip cookies and leave comments for me to read .Serves: Makes about 24 cookies
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour ( for guten free version I used gfjules flour or use 1-1 bobs mill GF flour )
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar or coconut sugar or sugar in the raw
1/2 melted and cooled pure coconut oil
2 flax eggs
1 /4 cup plant based milk
1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 cups vegan chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees .
2. Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl . Set aside.
3. Mix the sugars and coconut oil in a large bowl for 2 minutes. Add the flax eggs (see the Tips section below) and the vanilla and mix until combined and the cookie dough is smooth.
4. Gradually add the flour mixture into the wet mixture ,until combined. Add the plant milk and stir rin the chocolate chips. Bring the dough together. Make 2 - 8 inches logs . Wrap them up with the saran wrap and stick them in the refrigerator for 15 min .
5. Place 11⁄2 inch cookie dough balls on a lined cookie sheet.
6. Bake the cookies for about 12 minutes or until light golden brown around the edges. Let cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
Tips : If coconut sugar is used then the color of the cookie is going to be darker than the regular cookie.
How to Make a Flax Egg - One egg equals 1 tablespoon flax meal plus 3 tablespoons water) stirring as you go. Refrigerate the flax egg for a minimum of 15 minutes, but up to an hour is best. This will allow your egg set up. It helps if you make the eggs at the start of a recipe.
September 30, 2021
September 29, 2021
September 2, 2021
July 16, 2021
You May Also Like
- Banana Chocolate Chip Bread May 9, 2018 Easy homemade Banana bread is not only the best way to use up over-ripe bananas, but it’s possibly the best slice to go with your morning coffee or tea .…
- CHOCOLATE CAKE - best ever vegan and gluten free cake September 2, 2021 This is the BEST vegan chocolate cake you’ve ever had…maybe even the best chocolate cake. Super rich, moist, and topped with the most decadent chocolate ICING for the perfect chocolate…
- Coconut Ladoo Vegan and Gluten free August 14, 2020 Easy simple and deliciously simple coconut ladoos !!