Mung dal Soup in a Instant Pot
I love love Dal , Indian lentil soup . I often experiment with different flavors to keep it fresh an interesting in the Kitchen.
The basic Mung dal is often eaten in an Indian kitchen with chappati and rice. It is a staple in our house. Here I make it in a soup form with leafygreens -spinach , kale or collard greens. This recipe makes it a meal in itself and cooking it in an Insant pot makes it a one pot wonder . You will love how easy this is . I serve it with quinoa or brown rice .
Lentils are loved by vegetarians and vegans because they’re a great high-protein food, are rich in nutrients and have a hearty, dense texture.
Lentils nutrition benefits include the ability to improve and maintain heart health, help you to lose weight in a healthy way, fight blood sugar fluctuations that can lead to diabetes or low energy levels, and improve digestive health, too.
2 cups moong dal
8 cups of water ( 7 cups for the instant pot and 1 for the blender )
1 bag of frozen spinach or any other leafy greens ( 16 ounces )
1 medium onion
2 medium tomatoes
2 tea spoons grated ginger
2 table spoons salt
1 tea spoon chili powder
1/2 tea spoon turmeric powder
2 table spoons extra virgin olive oil
1. Wash the mung dal with water ,till the water is clear . My general rule of thumb is about 10 times. Set aside in a bowl
2. In a blender, blend onion, tomato and ginger with 1 cup of water
3. In an instant pot add mung dal , water and onoin tomato blend
4. Add the spices and EVOO next and mix well . Adjust salt if needed .
5. Put the instant pot on the bean /chili setting for 30 min .
6. Walk away to do something fun and come with a big appetite because your soup will be there waiting for you .
7. Serve the dal soup on rice or quiona . Garnish with cilantro and lemon juice .
10 . Enjoy !!
- Payal Chatterjee on Chickpea Flour Tofu Curry – Burmese Tofu Curry: “I tried this recipe, but substituted cashews with peanuts, worked pretty well! It was yummy, will surely make it again…” Aug 12, 01:17
- Neha's Vegan Kitchen on Aloo Paratha – Gluten free: “Hi Shruti, you can replace the gum with Psyllium Husk but watch the water. The dough tends to be a…” Jan 19, 12:53
- Shruti on Aloo Paratha – Gluten free: “Hey Neha, thanks for sharing this recipe. I had been craving for aloo paranthas. Can I replace xantham gum with…” Jan 3, 00:35
Creamy vegan Alfredo sauce - served with gluten free pasta
September 30, 2021
Vegan Vegetable Biryani
September 29, 2021
CHOCOLATE CAKE - best ever vegan and gluten free cake
September 2, 2021
Besan ladoos - Classic Indian Dessert
July 16, 2021
You May Also Like
- Quinoa Vegetable Soup - INSTANT POT January 8, 2018 I love making this soup because I can put everything in the slow cooker and walk away to run some errands and come back home to a warm, delicious smell…
- Mung Dal and Pea Protein Vegetable Burger August 11, 2020 Protein burger
- Black Bean Soup March 20, 2018 Simple and satisfying, this black bean soup is super easy to put together. Black beans are full of protein, fiber, and folate, making them an excellent choice for vegans. I…