Mung dal Soup in a Instant Pot
I love love Dal , Indian lentil soup . I often experiment with different flavors to keep it fresh an interesting in the Kitchen.
The basic Mung dal is often eaten in an Indian kitchen with chappati and rice. It is a staple in our house. Here I make it in a soup form with leafygreens -spinach , kale or collard greens. This recipe makes it a meal in itself and cooking it in an Insant pot makes it a one pot wonder . You will love how easy this is . I serve it with quinoa or brown rice .
Lentils are loved by vegetarians and vegans because they’re a great high-protein food, are rich in nutrients and have a hearty, dense texture.
Lentils nutrition benefits include the ability to improve and maintain heart health, help you to lose weight in a healthy way, fight blood sugar fluctuations that can lead to diabetes or low energy levels, and improve digestive health, too.
2 cups moong dal
8 cups of water ( 7 cups for the instant pot and 1 for the blender )
1 bag of frozen spinach or any other leafy greens ( 16 ounces )
1 medium onion
2 medium tomatoes
2 tea spoons grated ginger
2 table spoons salt
1 tea spoon chili powder
1/2 tea spoon turmeric powder
2 table spoons extra virgin olive oil
1. Wash the mung dal with water ,till the water is clear . My general rule of thumb is about 10 times. Set aside in a bowl
2. In a blender, blend onion, tomato and ginger with 1 cup of water
3. In an instant pot add mung dal , water and onoin tomato blend
4. Add the spices and EVOO next and mix well . Adjust salt if needed .
5. Put the instant pot on the bean /chili setting for 30 min .
6. Walk away to do something fun and come with a big appetite because your soup will be there waiting for you .
7. Serve the dal soup on rice or quiona . Garnish with cilantro and lemon juice .
10 . Enjoy !!
May 4, 2021
April 26, 2021
April 22, 2021
April 15, 2021
You May Also Like
- Mung Dal and Pea Protein Vegetable Burger August 11, 2020 Protein burger
- Black Bean Soup March 20, 2018 Simple and satisfying , and this black bean soup is super easy to put together . Black beans are full of protein, fiber and folate making them an excellent choice…
- Kachoris -Gluten free- Moong Dal April 22, 2021 Moong Daal Kachori is my favorite snack . Its also the most popular street food of North India ,specially popular in Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh. Kachoris are Indian style Fried flaky puff…