Gluten free, vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
Banana bread is an easy, simple bread to put together. It takes 15 minutes to put this together, and it takes about that time in my house for it to be all gone.
Easy homemade Banana bread is not only the best way to use up over-ripe bananas, but it’s possibly the best slice to go with your morning coffee or tea. This banana bread is fluffy and moist and smells amazing while baking! Every bite is deliciously divine !!
Gluten-free flours are tricky to work with, but I am in love with gfJules All Purpose Gluten Free Flour and bobs mill oat flour, which is excellent for this recipe. Now back to this super moist banana bread–I tossed in some chocolate chips to jazz things up. After, what’s better than bananas and chocolate chips?
When baking with bananas, always go for ripe bananas because their sugar content is more concentrated. Chocolate chips or walnuts are your choices; I alternate between the two in my kitchen.
3 ripe medium Bananas
1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 vegan egg ( flax egg)
1/3 cup unsalted earth balance vegan butter
1 1/2 cups Oat flour
2/3 cup cane sugar
1 tea spoon instant coffee
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon psyllium husk
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2/3 cups vegan chocolate chips or chopped walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray and flour an 8*5 - inch loaf pan
2. In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork until smooth. Add all the wet ingredients, melted vegan butter, flax egg, vanilla extract, and sugar. Mix it well with the hand blender.
3. Add all dry ingredients to a bowl and mix well. Add all the wet ingredients to the dry one and mix until combined
4. Fold in the chocolate chips or chopped walnuts
5. Spread batter in the prepared pan. (8 by 8 pan works best )
6. Bake for 50 min, covering with the foil halfway through baking to prevent excess browning. Let it cool in the pans for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and let it cool completely on the wire rack.
How to Make a Flax Egg - One egg equals one tablespoon of flax meal plus three tablespoons of water) stirring as you go. Refrigerate the flax egg for a minimum of 15 minutes. It helps if you make the eggs at the start of a recipe.
September 30, 2021
September 29, 2021
September 2, 2021
July 16, 2021
You May Also Like
- Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies January 10, 2018 Everyone has a favorite chocolate chip cookie. My kids like the one I picked up from a local vegan bakery, so I didn't want to experiment with it, but once…
- CHOCOLATE CAKE - best ever vegan and gluten free cake September 2, 2021 This is the BEST vegan chocolate cake you’ve ever had…maybe even the best chocolate cake. Super rich, moist, and topped with the most decadent chocolate ICING for the perfect chocolate…