Gluten free, vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
Banana bread is a easy simple bread to put together. It takes 15 minutes to put this together and as yummy as it is. its not long before its all gone.
Easy homemade Banana bread is not only the best way to use up over-ripe bananas, but it’s possibly the best slice to go with your morning coffee or tea . This banana bread is fluffy and moist and smells amazing while baking! Every bite is deliciously devine !!
Gluten free flours are tricky to work with , but I am in love with gfJules All Purpose Gluten Free Flour. It is a joy to work with , and the bread has the same airy quality as the wheat all purpose flour bread . The chocolate chips also add the the moistness of the bread .Chocolate chips or walnuts its your choice , I altenate between the two in my kitchen .
A pro tip is to freeze overripe bananas in the peel to use in recipes like this for an even stronger banana flavor and easy mashing . Let it thaw at room temperature before using .
3 ripe medium Bananas
1 tea spoon instant coffee
1/3 cup unsalted earth balance vegan butter
1 1/2 cups Gf Jules all purpose gluten free flour or wheat all purpose flour
2/3 cup cane sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 vegan egg ( flax egg)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 cups vegan chocolate chips or chopped walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray and flour an 8*5 - inch loaf pan
2. In a large bowl , mash bananas witha fork until mostly smooth . Add in the instant coffee , melted vegan butter and the flax egg and sugar . Mix it well with the hand blender .
3. Add flour , baking soda , vanila extract , salt and mix it well until thick and combined
4. Fold in the chocolate chips or chopped walnuts
5. Spread batter in the prepared pan .
6. Bake for 50 min ,covering with the foil halfway through baking to prevent excess browning. let it cool in the pans for 10 minutes . Remove from pan and let it cool completely on the wire rack .
How to Make a Flax Egg - One egg equals 1 tablespoon flax meal plus 3 tablespoons water) stirring as you go. Refrigerate the flax egg for a minimum of 15 minutes, but up to an hour is best. This will allow your egg set up. It helps if you make the eggs at the start of a recipe.
November 16, 2020
October 22, 2020
October 14, 2020
October 13, 2020
You May Also Like
- Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies January 10, 2018 Everyone has a favorite chocolate chip cookie. My kids really like the one I pick up from a local vegan bakery so I really didn’t want to experiment with it...…