Walnut Dates Brownie !!
This is my go to recipe when I have to take a dessert to a friends place in a jiffy . These bite-sized sweets come together in mere minutes and require no baking. It takes less than half an hour to put it together , but I will say this brownie tastes better after a day or two. It is loaded with goodness of dates and walnut. Give this to your kids as a after school snack with their choice of milk instead of the regular brownie which has nothing but empty calories .
Cuisines across the world use dates and the fruit of the date palm tree comes with a lot of health benefits. Dates are a good source of various vitamins and minerals, energy, sugar, and fiber. It also contains calcium, iron, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium and zinc.
Walnuts contain a number of neuroprotective compounds, including vitamin E, folate, melatonin, and antioxidants. For vegans they are an excellent source of anti-inflammatory omega-3 essential fatty acids .
This recipe combines the two powerhoues togeher to make a delicious and wholesome treat . You can always skip the sugar if you want , I add the sugar because I feel it balances the somtimes bitter after-taste of walnuts .
3 cups walnuts
3 cups dates
1/3 grated coconut
1/2 cup cane sugar
1.Put walnuts,dates and sugar in a food processor and slowly chop it semi coarse meal. Add grated coconut .Pluse until the mixture comes to a lump which can be molded easily.
2 Put wax paper on a cookie sheet and spread the mixture on it in even thickness.Stick your hand in a ziplog bag and press it gently on the mixture to get a smooth finish .
3. Cut little squares out and let it set for 15 min in the refrigerator.
4. Carefully take the pieces put and garnish with coconut !!! Enjoy
- Payal Chatterjee on Chickpea Flour Tofu Curry – Burmese Tofu Curry: “I tried this recipe, but substituted cashews with peanuts, worked pretty well! It was yummy, will surely make it again…” Aug 12, 01:17
- Neha's Vegan Kitchen on Aloo Paratha – Gluten free: “Hi Shruti, you can replace the gum with Psyllium Husk but watch the water. The dough tends to be a…” Jan 19, 12:53
- Shruti on Aloo Paratha – Gluten free: “Hey Neha, thanks for sharing this recipe. I had been craving for aloo paranthas. Can I replace xantham gum with…” Jan 3, 00:35
Creamy vegan Alfredo sauce - served with gluten free pasta
September 30, 2021
Vegan Vegetable Biryani
September 29, 2021
CHOCOLATE CAKE - best ever vegan and gluten free cake
September 2, 2021
Besan ladoos - Classic Indian Dessert
July 16, 2021
You May Also Like
- Brownie -Gluten Free and Vegan October 14, 2020 Yay finally found a recipe that we all love. These brownies were not too fudge but are moist and chocolaty, with crispy edges and crackly tops. It calls for essential pantry…