Coconut Ladoo Vegan and Gluten free !!
Today we celebrate Rakshabandhan. A festival in indian traditions that honors the bond between brother and sister . My daughter wanted to make something for her brother for this sweet festival. It had to simple , uncomplicated and delicious !! This recipe meets all her requirements!!
It is truly the easiest ladoo recipe !! 4 ingredient recipe made with desiccated coconut powder ,oat-milk sugar and cardamom powder.
4 cups desiccated dry coconut powder
1 cup sweetened coconut condensed milk
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup water
½ teaspoon cardamom powder
⅓ cup desiccated coconut powder for rolling the ladoos
1. Let's make the sugar syrup first - add the sugar and water in a pan and cook on medium low heat till the water reduces to about 3/4 cup. While this is cooking put another pan and on low heat and cook the coconut powder
2. Stir and saute the coconut on a low flame for 2-3 minutes. The sauteing gives a toasty flavor to the coconut and be mindful not to burn the coconut powder.
4. When done add the sweetened coconut condensed milk and mix well and put it in a separate bowl to cool .
5. By this time the sugar syrup should be ready check to see if it has reduced to about a cup or less . Once done add it to the coconut mixture and mix well with spoon and allow to cool
6. Add ½ tsp cardamom
7. When the mixture has cooled completely, pinch small to medium balls from the mixture and form ladoo.
9. Roll the coconut ladoo in desiccated coconut evenly.
10. Serve the coconut ladoo for your next gathering !!
11. This ladoo stay good for a week in the fridge. Enjoy !!
September 30, 2021
September 29, 2021
September 2, 2021
July 16, 2021
You May Also Like
- Vegan Coconut soup - Tom Kha Gai January 26, 2018 Tom Kha gai or coconut soup is a spicy and sour coconut soup.The hardest part of making this soup is finding the ingredients.You can almost make a meal out of…
- Vegan chickpea dumplings in coconut yogurt curry -… October 3, 2018 A very popular dish in north Indian menu is Gatta Curry. This dish truly takes me back home to Rajasthan and it is quite a favorite with my family here…
- Tofu With Saffron Coconut Yogurt Curry January 11, 2018 Tofu is one of the most common protein source for vegans. This recipe uses the traditional way of making curries with yogurt but instead of using dairy yogurt, I prefer…