Coconut Ladoo Vegan and Gluten free !!
Today we celebrate Rakshabandhan. A festival in indian traditions that honors the bond between brother and sister . My daughter wanted to make something for her brother for this sweet festival. It had to simple , uncomplicated and delicious !! This recipe meets all her requirements!!
It is truly the easiest ladoo recipe !! 4 ingredient recipe made with desiccated coconut powder ,oat-milk sugar and cardamom powder.
4 cups coconut powder
1 cup full fat oat milk
1 1/2 cup sugar
½ teaspoon cardamom powder
⅓ cup desicated cocnut powder for roling the ladoos
1. Heat the pan keep flame to a low.
2. Add the coconut powder
3. Stir and saute the coconut on a low flame for 2-3 minutes. The sauteing is to just get some toasty flavor Don't brown them.
4. When done put it in a separate bowl .
5. On a separate pan add coconut milk and sugar and give it one boil stirring often making sure the sugar has melted
6. Now mix the desiccated coconut with milk mixture and mix it well in the bowl with a spoon and allow it cool
7 Add ½ tsp cardamom
8. When the mixture has cooled completely, pinch small to medium balls from the mixture and form ladoo.
9 .Roll the coconut ladoo in desiccated coconut evenly.
10.You can also make all the ladoo at once and then roll in the desiccated coconut.
11. Serve coconut ladoo straight away or refrigerate and serve them later.
12. This ladoo stay good for a week in the fridge. Enjoy !!
October 22, 2020
October 14, 2020
October 13, 2020
September 21, 2020
You May Also Like
- Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies January 10, 2018 Everyone has a favorite chocolate chip cookie. My kids really like the one I pick up from a local vegan bakery so I really didn’t want to experiment with it...…
- Vegan Coconut soup - Tom Kha Gai January 26, 2018 Tom Kha gai or coconut soup is a spicy and sour coconut soup.The hardest part of making this soup is finding the ingredients.You can almost make a meal out of…
- Vegan chickpea dumplings in coconut yogurt curry -… October 3, 2018 A very popular dish in north Indian menu is Gatta Curry. This dish truly takes me back home to Rajasthan and it is quite a favorite with my family here…