Tapioca Pudding !!
Sabudana kheer is a gourmet dessert. Kheer is lightly flavored with cardamom and saffron.Sabudana Kheer or Tapioca pudding is a sweet dish, enjoyed during the fasting period, as well during celebrations and festivals. This Tapioca Pudding or Sago Pudding is a fav Indian dessert and is super easy to make as well.
Sabudana also known as tapioca pearls are very gelatinous .Since tapicoa has a bland taste by itself, the addition of spices, dry fruits and milk is a great way to use this ingredient.
In India, tapioca is mostly eaten during fasing however, the delicacies made during vrats are so tempting that one feels like eating them even on general days.I prepare Sabudana Khichdi for breakfast and now another fav is this pudding.
It is delicious, mildly flavored and very easy to prepare. Even when we are not fasting, Sabudane Ki Kheer gets made at my home at least once in a month because we all have a sweet tooth and this is a quick dessert to make . I always keep soaked and dried sabudana in my freezer for an instant dessert or snack .
This can aslo be made in Instant pot
Add milk and soaked sabudana in Instant Pot. Press manual and cook the kheer on low pressure for 10 minutes. Open the lid once the pressure is released and add sugar, cardamom powder etc and mix well. Let it cool and serve the same way .
4 cups Full fat oat milk ( do not change this )
1 /2 cup dry tapioca peals (Sabudana or sago )
15-20 strands saffron
1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
1/4 cup Sugar
1/2 tea spoon corn starch
1. Wash and soak the tapioca in about 1/3 cups of water for at least two hour, Sabudana will soak up most of the water and become light and fluffy.
2. Drain and dry them on a paper towel .
3 .Put the milk in heavy bottom pan and add the tapioca and give it a boil . Reduce the heat to low medium after milk let it boil for about another 5 - 8 minutes making sure stirring occasionally so milk does not burn in bottom of the pan.
4. The tapioca will become soft and will be translucent.
5. Take the cornstarch and add a tea spoon of the milk mixture , mix well in a bowl making sure there no lumps and add it back to the pan .
6. Next add sugar, cardamom, pistachios, and saffron and boil for 2 to 3 minutes. Turn off the heat. As kheer will cool become little thicker in consistency.
7. Kheer can be served chilled or warm.
8 .Garnish with slivered almond . Enjoy !!
September 30, 2021
September 29, 2021
September 2, 2021
July 16, 2021
You May Also Like
- Tapioca Pearls Pilaf - Sabudana Pulao October 5, 2018 A quick and delicious Tapioca Pilaf Sabudana kichadi cooked with Potatoes, Peanuts, and basic spices create the most comforting meal !! . Enjoy it at any time of the day…