Vegan and Gluten free Blueberry Lemon Cupcakes
These are moist, delicious blueberry lemon muffins, made with simple ingredients and refreshing blueberries. These muffins are gluten-free, dairy-free, simple to make and perfect any time of the year
When blueberries first show up at the market, they are so fresh and refreshing and baking with them almost feels like cheating ....they are perfect as mother nature made them but then you make these muffins and they are even better in the muffins.
These muffins are moist & rich ,healthier than most blueberry muffins absolutely delicious evident by the fact that none are left for the next day .Easy to make with simple ingredients and perfect for breakfast, dessert, or with afternoon tea or coffee !!
When baking gluten-free and/or vegan bakes, it can require a bit of guesswork and keeping fingers crossed. Luckily, I’ve done the recipe testing work in the kitchen, so you can have delicious dairy-free blueberry muffins every single time! Applesauce is the key to these moist muffins , I have made them with and without and trust me it makes a world of difference
This recipe is great for getting the family in the kitchen.... who doesn’t love licking the batter in the end and the baking smell of cupcakes and muffins!!!
2 cups oat flour gluten-free
1/3 cup tapioca starch or flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup plant-based yogurt ( unsweetend ) or milk
1/2 cup maple syrup or 1/2 cup sugar in the raw
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice or lime juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups (150 g) blueberries fresh or frozen
1/3 cup applesauce
1. Heat oven to 350 °F
2. Line a muffin tin with paper liners or spray each cup with a nonstick spray.
3. Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl, whisking well.
4. Add the vegan yogurt ,applesauce ,syrup ,vanilla and lemon juice to a small bowl and whisk until smooth
5. Add the wet ingredient to the dry and stir well with either a spatula or whisk. Be careful not to overmix the batter.
6 .Then add in the blueberries last, carefully folding them into the batter. If using frozen blueberries make sure to thaw them and get rid of any excess water .
7. Divide the batter between the muffin wells in the pan. I had enough batter for 24 mini muffins.
8. Bake for about 14-15 minutes if mini muffins and 20 min if regular size or until you notice cracking on the top of the muffins. Do not over bake as they tend to get dry
9. Use the toothpick test to check if they are cooked through. Do this by inserting a toothpick into the center of a muffin. It should come out clean .Be sure to remove muffins from the pan as soon as they're out of the oven because they'll continue to cook in the hot pan even when out of the oven. If necessary, loosen muffins gently with a thin spatula.
10. Allow the muffins to cool on a wire rack and Enjoy!!
February 12, 2021
November 16, 2020
October 22, 2020
October 14, 2020
You May Also Like
- VEGAN LEMON CAKE February 7, 2019 This vegan lemon cake is pure lemony perfection! Deliciously divine as my daughter calls it .
- Coconut Ladoo Vegan and Gluten free August 14, 2020 Easy simple and deliciously simple coconut ladoos !!
- Brownie -Gluten Free and Vegan October 14, 2020 Yay finally found a recipe that we all love ,These brownies were not too fudge but are moist, and chocolaty, with crispy edges and crackly tops. It calls for basic pantry…