Brownie - Gluten free and Vegan
I couldn’t seem to find a recipe for brownies that I could make and be completely satisfied with and too add to that challenge my husband gave up wheat and the recipe challenge become even harder .
Anytime I made homemade brownies, they were either too gooey ,too hard or too fudgy just not what I had in mind . This recipe after few trials and errors is exactly what I crave in a brownie and its a crowd pleaser.
The verdict: Yay finally found a recipe that we all love and have this recipe .These brownies were not too fudgy, moist, and chocolaty, with crispy edges and crackly tops It calls for basic pantry ingredients for a gluten free recipe and it’s hardly more difficult than using a mix.
As for the brownies, they’re true perfection – glossy, fudgy, and filled with rich chocolate flavor. Trust me, you’re are going to have a hard time keeping them around .
3⁄4 cup white rice flour
1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
2 tsp flaxseed meal
1/2 tea spoon xanthan gum ( don't use if using regular flour)
1⁄3 cup butter or olive oil
1/2 cup sugar
4 tablespoons plant based milk ( I used oat milk )
1 (12 ounce) package vegan semi-sweet chocolate chip ( I used kroger brand simple truth ) divided
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
1. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, flaxseed meal, xanthium gum and salt; set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, combine butter, sugar, and oat milk
3. Bring just to a boil, then remove from heat.
4. Add 6 ounces (1 cup) chocolate chips and vanilla extract.
5. Stir until morsels melt and mixture is smooth.
6. Transfer to a large bowl..
7. Gradually blend in flour mixture.
8. Stir in remaining 6 ounces (1 cup) of chocolate chips keeping some for the top.
9. Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper and grease the other sides of the pan and then pour in your gluten free brownie batter mixture and spread it out evenly.
10.Bake 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in center comes out with only a few wet crumbs (not totally clean, or they’ll be overcooked!).
11. Cool completely.
12. Cut into 2 1/4-inch squares .Enjoy!!!
October 22, 2020
October 14, 2020
October 13, 2020
September 21, 2020
You May Also Like
- Walnut Dates Brownie May 16, 2018 This is my go to recipe when I have to take a dessert to a friends place in a jiffy . These bite-sized sweets come together in mere minutes and…
- Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies January 10, 2018 Everyone has a favorite chocolate chip cookie. My kids really like the one I pick up from a local vegan bakery so I really didn’t want to experiment with it...…
- Coconut Ladoo Vegan and Gluten free !! August 14, 2020 Easy simple and deliciously simple coconut ladoos !!