BESAN KI MIRCHI - STUFFED PEPPERS
Stuffed Masala Peppers or bharwa Mirchi is a favorite accompaniment at my place. I stuff them with dry powdered spices, roasted peanuts, and gram flour and serve them with fresh Rotis ( fresh Indian tortillas ). These turned out so delicious, and everyone at home loved it, especially my daughter, who avoids eating hot food, loved it very much — so do try this easy and delicious stuffed pepper.
Stuffed green peppers are a tasty recipe made in various ways in different parts of India. In Rajasthan, the western part of the country where I grew up, this stuffed chili recipe is called Bharwa Mirchi.
This recipe varies as you travel in different parts of India, but Yellow wax pepper and banana chili peppers work best here. This mild yet tangy pepper has a kick that works very well with Indian spices.
Generally, besan (gram flour) and crushed peanut are mixed with different spices, and the tang of lemon juice or amchur or tamarind is added to it. The sourness of amchur (dry mango powder) reduces the bitterness of chili and makes it tastier. I have had variety off these stuffed peppers made by my mom and grandmother, and this is my spin on their recipe.
This stuffed pepper recipe is a nice treat for your taste buds. You can eat it with plain lentil (dal) rice, vegan yogurt, kadhi rice, or a side dish with dal rice vegetable roti meal.
4 tablespoon Vegetable oil
1/2 cup Gram Flour
1/2 cup crushed peanuts
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
2 teaspoon Coriander powder
1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
2 teaspoon Kashmiri red chilli powder
2 teaspoon Fennel powder
1 teaspoon ajwain
2 tsp Amchur powder
2 tsp Salt
5-6 Large Green chilly
1. In a flat bottom pan, add the gram flour and dry roast on low, medium heat FOR 3-4 minutes or until it turns slightly brown. Keep an eye on it as gram flour (besan ) burns very quickly.
2. Add crushed peanuts and roast for another minute.
3. Remove the mixture to a bowl. Wipe the pan clean.
4. Heat 2 tsp oil in the same pan on low heat.
5. Add cumin seeds, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, fennel powder, amchur powder, ajwain, and salt and mix well.
6 Remove from heat and add to the bowl with besan and crushed peanuts. Mix well.
7. Make a slit in the green chilly and remove the seeds.
8. Stuff the green chilly with the mixture.
9. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan on medium heat
10. Arrange the chilies in the pan. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes until chilly is charred from the bottom.
11. Turn chilly with a tong and cook again
12. Remove on a serving plater.
13. Serve hot/ warm with any Indian Bread ( roti, paratha )
September 30, 2021
September 29, 2021
September 2, 2021
July 16, 2021
You May Also Like
- Besan ladoos - Classic Indian Dessert July 16, 2021 All time favorite ladoo is almost all Indian households - this besan ladoo is vegan gluten free and decadently delicious 😋. Super excited to convert this traditional recipe to house…
- Vegan Stuffed Shells with spinach and almond ricotta cheese September 20, 2018 I hope you love these Vegan Stuffed Shells. They are Crowd-pleasing , famliy and kids approved Savory filling & rich tasting oh-so-satisfying !!
- Stuffed Baby Eggplants November 29, 2018 Stuffed Baby Eggplant with Indian spices and stir fried with tomato gravy ! Easy and delicious masala eggplant recipe. I make it regularly and everyone enjoyes it but its definately…