Creamy vegan Alfredo sauce - served with gluten free pasta
This is the best creamy vegan Alfredo sauce recipe you'll ever find, and it's easy to make at home with no dairy, no eggs, and no cashews required!!
So what am I making it with -----Oatmilk, specifically the oatly brand. It's vegan and gluten-free and absorbs the flavors of garlic and nutritional yeast perfectly.
The recipe is really so simple that I almost thought twice before sharing it. I make this once a week. My daughter loves loves loves pasta and this sauce,
Serve over pasta and enjoy the decadent but healthy, vegan alfredo sauce!
You just need simple ingredients:
--gluten free flour
How to make vegan alfredo pasta
To make the recipe, start by gathering all of your ingredients.
In a saucepan, whisk the gluten-free all-purpose 1-1 baking flour or any other rice flour blend into the milk wholly dissolved, with no lumps.
Whisk in the salt, black pepper, and onion powder oil or vegan butter spread. Also, add garlic.
Over low-medium heat, slowly bring this mixture to a boil. Stir occasionally at first, then constantly once it begins to thicken. The whole process should take under 10 minutes.
Once thick, turn off the heat and whisk in the nutritional yeast or vegan Parmesan until it melts. Taste the sauce, and season with salt and pepper as desired.
Make your pasta same time or a little in advance and incorporate them together for a delicious meal.
4 cups oat milk (full fat) -milk of choice
2 tablespoon all-purpose gluten-free flour
2 tbsp oil or vegan butter
2 tbsp vegan parmesan or nutritional yeast (optional )
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp minced garlic
1/2 tbsp onion powder
1/2 tbsp black powder
6 oz pasta-( half of the box )
1 bag of frozen peas
1 -In a saucepan, whisk the flour and oat milk until completely dissolved.
2-Whisk in salt and oil (and 2 tsp garlic if desired). Slowly bring to a boil over low-medium heat, occasionally stirring at first and then constantly once it starts to thicken.
3. Once thick, turn off the heat and stir in cheese until it melts.
4. Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired.
5. Boil pasta as per the box ingredients. I used Barilla gluten-free spaghetti and added a bag of frozen peas to the water.
6 Drain and put aside
7. Add the pasta to the sauce or vice versa in a flat bottom pan, incorporate well, and your dinner is served.
If you liked the recipe, please share your comments.
September 30, 2021
September 29, 2021
September 2, 2021
July 16, 2021
You May Also Like
- Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies January 10, 2018 Everyone has a favorite chocolate chip cookie. My kids really like the one I pick up from a local vegan bakery so I really didn’t want to experiment with it…
- Coconut Ladoo Vegan and Gluten free August 14, 2020 Easy simple and deliciously simple coconut ladoos !!
- Vegan and Gluten free Blueberry Lemon Muffins September 10, 2020 These muffins are moist & rich, healthier than most blueberry muffins delicious, evident that none are left for the next day. Easy to make with simple ingredients and perfect for…